List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    OpenBSD server for diskless thinclients
From:       Comète <comete () daknet ! org>
Date:       2013-11-29 9:19:30

Hi,

after reading these articles about Mtier experience
(http://www.undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20110420080633 and
http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20121026064602), i'm trying
to set up a server to allow any client (diskless or not) on my network
to be used as a thinclient when needed.
Actually, i managed to boot the kernel with pxeboot successfuly but i
don't want to manage statically MAC addresses and IP with RARPD (i have
a lot of clients), i just want to use the actual dhcp server to give IPs
and serve the system with NFS.
I didn't find information to do this whithout rarpd in diskless(8) or
even in "Absolute OpenBSD".

Do you think, it is possible ?

Thanks.

Morgan