List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: ejabberd installation and configuration guide
From:       samt <samtwork () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-28 22:52:15

On 11/25/2013 11:30 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2013-11-25, Tito Mari Francis EscaƱo <titomarifrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good day,
>> I'm planning to setup ejabberd on OpenBSD 5.4 for a project as proof of
>> concept but I have no experience with XMPP stuff. Can somebody please point
>> me to the right direction how to configure ejabberd on current OBSD. Thank
>> you very much.
> +-----
> | $ sudo pkg_add ejabberd
> | ejabberd-2.1.12:erlang-15b.02v0: ok
> | useradd: Warning: home directory `/var/db/ejabberd' doesn't exist, and -m was not specified
> | ejabberd-2.1.12: ok
> | Look in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes for extra documentation.
> | --- +erlang-15b.02v0 -------------------
> | You may wish to add /usr/local/lib/erlang/man to /etc/man.conf
> +-----
>
> OK, so it's a bit hidden in the noise in the output, but the information
> you need is in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/ejabberd* (likewise there's
> similar information for the other XMPP servers e.g. prosody and openfire)

Likewise, the ejabberd project does have documentation that works well:

http://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/guide_en.html

I've installed a few XMPP servers, documented failings at:
http://www.nomoa.com/bsd/comms/xmpp.html
- OpenBSD 4.9, EjabberD 2.1.6 (followed the same sequence for later
installs on OpenBSD 5.0

Best of luck,

Sam T