List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Thinkpad T60 "sticky touchpad" (amd64/5.1-stable)
From:       Peter Laufenberg <openbsd () laufenberg ! ch>
Date:       2012-05-31 19:11:33

> I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T60 amd64 laptop (dmesg below) running 5.1-stable
> (fresh install of -release from the CD set, then CVS update to -stable).
> The touchpad
>
> pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
> wsmouse1 at pms0 mux 0
> pms0: Synaptics touchpad, firmware 6.2
>
> has an irritating problem in 5.1 (which was *not* present on this same
> machine when running 5.0-{release,stable} with X video acceleration
> disabled):  When running X (autoconfigured with no xorg.conf), the
> pointer will intermittently jump to and "stick" at either the left side
> of the screen, the top of the screen, or the top left corner.
(snip)

> Has anyone else seen this "sticky touchpad" problem?

I've had problems with a synaptics touchpad + USB laser mouse but wasn't using the \
touchpad at all. It wasn't stick-related, possibly not X-related, the mouse would \
connect/disconnect randomly but it's an old laptop so it's possible the mouse was \
just drawing too much power. I haven't investigated the issue further yet.

-- p