List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    problem SOLVED (was: Re: more Thinkpad T60 X/video woes (5.0-stable amd64))
From:       Jonathan Thornburg <jthorn () astro ! indiana ! edu>
Date:       2012-05-31 15:38:24

In a thread back in November 2011,
  http://marc.info/?t=132173453400070&r=1&w=1
I reported intermittent kernel/X hangs (usually under near-idle loads)
on a Thinkpad T60 widescreen laptop (alas I misspelled the name as
"Tinkpad" in the Subject: line) running 5.0-stable amd64.  My full
dmesg is given in the first message in that thread,
  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=132105242827683&w=1
along with various other (hopefully-)relevant information.  There's
also more information on the problem symptoms in my later messages in
that thread,
  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=132103762123592&w=1
  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=132137790200900&w=1
  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=132813757309520&w=1

I'm pleased to report that as of 5.1/amd64 (either -release or -stable)
the problem is solved -- the default autoconfigure-everything X works
fine, with no crashes or hangs and full video acceleration.

My thanks to all who contributed ideas in the thread (and to all the
developers for a *great* 5.1)!

ciao,

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg [remove -animal to reply]" <jthorn@astro.indiana-zebra.edu>
   Dept of Astronomy & IUCSS, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA