List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Dennis Ritchie
From:       "Giridhari" <Giridhari () live ! com ! au>
Date:       2011-10-17 1:45:25

Reading openbsd source code is like reading eloquent poetry, and in itself
is a fitting tribute to Dennis Ritchie. It is hard to imagine that one man
developed a software language that is so versatile, and not only is not just
a historical milestone, but after it's release by Dennis, and Brian
Kernighan in 1978 is still a mainstay after over 30 years. Thankyou Dennis.
I love C and you created something I love, and I don't think I'm alone. I
think that there are few things in this world that are held in as high
esteem as the C language. It is a privilege to be able to write it really,
and now the creator of that privilege is on his way to heaven : )