List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Problem with OSPF static route redistribution and routing table
From:       Manuel Guesdon <ml+openbsd.misc () oxymium ! net>
Date:       2010-10-31 13:27:22

Hi,

I have some problem with a redistributed static route not added to
the routing table.

On a routeur A, there is a static route:
  route add  -net  a.b.c.d/27 e.f.g.h
(e.f.g.h is a carp IP on this router)

"route get a.b.c.d" show the good gateway (e.f.g.h)

ospfd.conf for this router have
    redistribute static set { metric 1 }

On a routeur B, I find the static route when I do a
  ospfctl sh da ext
<<
LS age: 434
LS Type: AS External
Link State ID: a.b.c.d (External Network Number)
Advertising Router: "IP of A Router"
LS Seq Number: 0x8000002b
Checksum: 0xf321
Length: 36
Network Mask: 255.255.255.224
    Metric type: 1
    Metric: 1
    Forwarding Address: e.f.g.h
    External Route Tag: 0

So far so good: the route is redistributed but on this B router, a
  route get a.b.c.d
doesn't return the good final gateway (e.f.g.h) nor the A router; instead it
returns the default gateway for this router.

Additional element: Router B knows how to reach the final gateway e.f.g.h
  ("route get e.f.g.h" is correct).

Any idea ?

Manuel