List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    GPIO crash with Alix 3D3 board
From:       "Peter Bako" <peter () bakonet ! org>
Date:       2010-10-31 1:05:33

I'm trying to get access to the three front LED's of my new ALIX3D3 (VGA
version, BIOS 2/11/2009-AMD-LX800-6A43EAM1C-00), using OpenBSD 4.8.  I have
been able to get the left and right LED's working, but the middle one is
causing problems.

Basically the problem is during startup, before the securelevel is raised
from 0 to 1, I have to activate the GPIO module for the LED's.  The commands
for the left and right LED's works just great, but when I execute the
command to activate the middle LED, it causes OpenBSD to just crash and shut
down.  To make it worse, it does not leave a stack dump, any messages in any
logs or even anything on screen, it just shuts down.  The commands in my
rc.securelevel file are:

/usr/sbin/gpioctl gpio0 6 set out iout led1
/usr/sbin/gpioctl gpio0 25 set out iout led2
/usr/sbin/gpioctl gpio0 27 set out iout led3

According to the 3D3 documentation, the three LED's are attached to pins 6,
25 and 27 respectively, and this backed up by other documentation I have
found on the subject.

I get the crash/shutdown if I have this command in rc.securelevel, or if I
go into single user mode and enter that middle line by hand.

Anyone have any experience with this board and have had the same problem?

Thanks,

Peter