List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Questions about tables on pf
From:       Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac <lscarneiro () veltrac ! com ! br>
Date:       2010-04-29 17:53:57

Lars Nooden wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac wrote:
>> Tks. This info is very important to me 'cause my disk sucks,
>
> Look at the manual page for mount_mfs(8) and the option -P you can
> load a directory and the files in it into memory.
>
>> and i'll have to create some tables that will be "hitted" very often
>> in my ruleset.
>
> What are planning on adding to the tables?  There may be another way
> to add addresses to the tables.
>
> /Lars
Just list of IPs, and maybe some ports list, but this is not defined
yet. But the table will not be updated very often. In fact, the
"how-to-update-the-table" question was just an academic curiosity. I
readed on the manual that are ways to add content "on the fly" in tables
through the firewall, but i don't have this need yet.