List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: routing and pf at 10Gbps
From:       Joel Wiramu Pauling <aenertia () aenertia ! net>
Date:       2010-02-11 19:47:29

Alcatel-Lucent do a AA-ISA card plugin module for their 7750 range of
routers. Which enables you to do filtering at 50GB (and scale it up to
800GB) per 12U router.

Having recently investigated this segment for work. Allot,
Sonicwall(which is a Linux Variant) and a few others are running FOSS
firewalls filtering appliances at 10GB+ and it's not just the router
vendors (nortel, cisco, junper,alcatel) that do that sort of speed
these days. I can't comment on the hardware blobs that may also be
involved in these, as Diana says they will have FPGA's under a
freeOS... i.e JunOS is essentially 4.4 BSD with a bunch of Juniper
FPGA drivers.

-JoelW