List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Wireless Auth
From:       Joachim Schipper <j.schipper () math ! uu ! nl>
Date:       2006-09-30 11:32:39

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 03:42:38AM -0500, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> I am looking for ways to Authenticate Wireless users(Windows Xp , Mac
> OSX) that connect to a wireless AP (several using OpenBSD's new
> Roaming in hostapd) running OpenBSD 4.0
>
> the way i understand it if I use authpf that requires a user to
> maintain a SSH session.
>
> is there some reasonably secure solution(for an Exclusively OpenBSD
> 4.0  on the back end network) that would maybe allow users to login
> via a web page portal? LDAP RADIUS maybe?

This has been discussed already, over and over; most of that is in the
archives.

A Java SSH applet was considered an acceptable solution last time.

OpenBSD supports several RADIUS servers, but that's just an
authentication backend. The problem is that one should somehow detect
when some client leaves.

		Joachim