List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: glib2 fails to build on ppc-current: pthreads issue?
From:       Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot () lphp ! org>
Date:       2006-09-30 6:33:01

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> I just committed this fix; powerpc stacks are a bit weird in that they
> need access above to stack pointer; while the stack grows down.  With
> the more strict mmap()ed stacks that kurt@ committed recently, this
> got broken.

Allright. It seems better with your fix:

[...]
checking size of pthread_t... 4
checking for pthread_attr_setstacksize... yes
checking for minimal/maximal thread priority... none found
configure: WARNING: I can not find the minimal and maximal priorities for
                 threads on your system. Thus threads can only have the
default
                 priority. If you happen to know these main/max
                 priorities, please inform the GLib developers.
checking for posix yield function... sched_yield
configure: WARNING: the 'g_get_(user_name|real_name|home_dir|tmp_dir)'
                 functions will not be MT-safe during their first call
because
                 there is no working 'getpwuid_r' on your system.
checking size of pthread_mutex_t... 4
checking byte contents of PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER... 0,0,0,0
checking whether to use assembler code for atomic operations... powerpc
[...]

Thanks!

--
Antoine