List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Resolved - Re: ssh login timesout with no shell
From:       Fred Crowson <fred_crowson () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-01-31 14:31:05

 --- Jasper <bsd@mercatortrading.nl> wrote:
> Hi Fred,
> I had a similar problem trying to connect from outside my lan. using
> netstat i noticed that not only port 22 is being used for ssh, but
> also
> ports in region of 1400-1700. forwarding these in my
> to-cheap-to-not-give-me-problems modem/nat-router solved the case.
>
> Regards,
> Jasper

Hi Jaspar & misc@

I should have known this issue had nothing to do with OpenBSD! The
problem was a D-Link DSL-502T ADSL router - and when trying to
implement Jasper's solution discovered that the firmware was broken.

For the archives I upgraded the firmware to version:

V1.00B02T02.UK.20040611

from:

ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-502t/

Thanks to the OpenBSD team for creating such an excellent OS.

Fred