List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    mail proxy?
From:       "Bob McIlvaine" <suemac () empire ! net>
Date:       2004-02-22 18:46:21

Hi all,

This probably falls into the newbie category...so, please be
gentle. :-)

Given a home network with an openBSD dialup gateway &
firewall to my ISP. I'm wondering if it is possible to set up,
what I'll call, a mail proxy server.

The idea is to have the proxy server get the mail from the isp
or multiple isps, scan for viruses and then be available to
email clients behind the firewall.

What I'm looking for are the right terms to describe this and
any pointers to info on the net where I can read up on what
software I need to make such a mail configuration.

My first search for email proxy got little of useful content.

Thanks in advance for any references or help.

Mac