List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    ksh problem
From:       Toni Mueller <openbsd-misc () oeko ! net>
Date:       2003-08-16 7:28:59

Hi,

following the advice of not changing root's shell from csh to ksh,
I execute ksh manually after login... But the SHELL environment
variable remains at /bin/csh. Is this supposed to be this way, and
if yes, why?

In .profile, I see "tset -sQ ...", but this fails with an error
message like: "setenv: command not found" because tset reacts to
the setting of SHELL and apparently has no way to be forced to
emit sh or csh style commands from the command line... Or am I
just missing something (again)?

Best,
--Toni++