List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: help! updating berkeley database...please
From:       Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd () 2003 ! snew ! com>
Date:       2003-02-24 7:34:09

It's the wrong answer but it works:

gzip -9 /usr/include/db.h

configure and make OpenBSD, (make sure you link against
they sleepycat 3.x or 4.x lib before libc).

then gzip -d /usr/include/db.h.gz

It would be nice if they various RADICALLY DIFFERENT
versions didn't use the same .h.

BTW, OpenLDAP 2.1 with the right backends can do the usual
very fast, very scalable reads (expected) but it's pretty
damn fast at writes (not expected for LDAP).

But for most users (ie. not with 400,000 entries), the ports
version 2.0.x and sleepycat DB port of 3.x work just fine.

Quoting BsD JuNkiE (bsd_junkie@fastmail.fm):