List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Transparent Firewall + external proxy
From:       "Peter Verhagen" <pverhagen () sapl ! ab ! ca>
Date:       2003-01-30 19:07:12

My response was assuming the proxy was there for a reason (eg squid
time based acls to squelch those after hours p0rn snurfing security
guards/janitors, proxy a specific site or use it as www filter,
squid www caching in attempt to use less internet bandwidth, etc).

The other important piece (I felt) was that the IPs listed were
publicly addressable (132.248) IPs. NAT might not be a possiblility
for political reasons (I've seen organizations always have public
IPs, and it stays that way. No ifs, buts, blah blah blah <insert
higher-up political garbage here> about it).

I really did find the good peice of info on using RDR internally
though. Thank you.

With the upmost respect,
Peter Verhagen