List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Ultrasparc 3
From:       Kit Halsted <kit () kithalsted ! com>
Date:       2002-11-30 22:13:25

At 11:15 PM -0800 11/27/02, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
<...>
>So, how about that MIPS R14000?  16 watts vs. the Ultra III 75
>watts.  Nice pipelining and out of order execution.  Snap them
>together to get a 512CPU machine...  With Irix, the machines
>might be secure enough to put on the Internet.

Heh, maybe with an OpenBSD box between them & the 5cR1pt k1DD13z. My
last experience with IRIX:

<http://www.kithalsted.com/indexhacked.html>

Cheers,
-Kit, wishing there was enough power here to put the INDY back on line.
-Benjamin Franklin

"...qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
(...if you would have peace, be prepared for war)
-Flavius Vegetius Renatus