List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: php port on OpenBSD3.2
From:       Paul Pruett <ppruett () webengr ! com>
Date:       2002-11-30 5:47:14

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, scott wrote:
> I installed a new OpenBSD 3.2 i386 based box. the port for php4 seems to
> be newer than the one on the 3.1 CD's and I'm a little stuck
> under the old version, you could "set env flavor='mysql' make install"
> to install the mysql version of php, but I can't see it in the Makefile
> for this version, there seem to be 3 subdirs, with 3 different Makefiles

Of note, an extension to the php4 port has a note has usefull information-

# pkg_info php4-extensions-4.2.3

Information for php4-extensions-4.2.3:
Comment: informational package about PHP4 extensions

This is a place-holder package to inform you that the PHP port is
now split into small sub-packages, designed to allow you to install
modules independently of the main PHP engine.

For example, to install the IMAP module, just pkg_add the
php-imap-4.2.3.tgz package and activate it using the
'phpxs' command.

This package contains no files or dependencies and may be
safely uninstalled.
WWW: http://www.php.net/

------------

Of note, when you do install the extensions, you will be told to use
phpxs.....

For example after php4-curl-4.2.3 you'll get this note

Install notice:
+---------------
| Enable this module in php.ini using the following command:
|
|       /usr/local/sbin/phpxs -a curl

So being aware of phpxs is helpful  ;o)
btw, you may notice it modifies php.ini

# phpxs /h
Must specify either -a or -r action.

Usage: /usr/local/sbin/phpxs -a [ -c <location of php.ini> ] <module>
       /usr/local/sbin/phpxs -r [ -c <location of php.ini> ] <module>
       /usr/local/sbin/phpxs -s