List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    php-4.1.2 gettext FLAVOR not taking
From:       Darren Spruell <darren_spruell () sento ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 17:54:20

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the php-4.1.2 port with support for gettext and
mysql. I use the following command from /usr/ports/www/php4:

  FLAVOR="gettext mysql" make install && make clean

I see that the configure portion is checking for the existence of
gettext, so it recognizes the flavor option. Under /var/db/pkg, I see
php4-4.1.2-gettext-mysql, however loading up a phpinfo.php file shows me
the following in the configure options:

  Configure Command: './configure' [...] '--without-gdbm'
'--without-gettext' [...]

The only place I see in the Makefile where --without-gettext is defined
is here:

  77 .if ${FLAVOR:L:Mgettext}
  78 CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-gettext=${LOCALBASE}
  79 MODULES=                gettext
  80 .else
  81 CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --without-gettext
  82 .endif

So what gives? I'm trying to use php-gettext for IMP, which from what I
understand requires gettext support or else spits out the error I'm
getting, "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _() in
/home/horde-2.1/config/registry.php on line 67" (Anyone know this to be
otherwise?)

TIA,

--
Darren Spruell