List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: VMWare 3.1
From:       Dave Feustel <dfeustel () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2002-10-27 18:19:46

On Sunday 27 October 2002 12:19 pm, Chris Humphries wrote:
> to use openbsd as the host os, of course.
>
> believe it or not, people that use openbsd tend to think
> that it is more stable and better designed than windows
> xp, 2000, etc. this reasoning only leads to the conclusion
> that openbsd would be a better choice for a host os for
> vmware.
>
> then running windows, linux, and plan9 [ :) ] in openbsd
> vmware would be very much desired by alot of people that
> read this list.

I already have VMWare for Windows (bought quite some time
ago before I decided to switch to OpenBSD). My reason for
wanting to be able to run VMWare natively on OpenBSD is
to avoid the security problems that running Windows (to run
VMWare to run OpenBSD) exposes me to when Windows
is connected to the internet.
--
Dave Feustel
http://www.mindspring.com/~dfeustel/recentactivities.html