List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: problem w/ Upgrading Mini-FAQ, sec. 3.1
From:       Ron Oliver <roliver-obm () openesque ! com>
Date:       2002-06-30 20:25:09

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Brad wrote:

> You don't have to add the user, just upgrade to -stable and you will get
> OpenSSH 3.4 with privsep.

> >From: Dan Brosemer <odin@svartalfheim.net>

> >Your misunderstanding is that "Upgrading from 3.1" means "to -current".
> >While you may have to add the sshd user, (I'm not sure if OpenSSH 3.4 is in
> >the official -stable branch) you won't have to do anything else on that list
> >to upgrade to -stable.
> >
> >HTH

It does indeed help.  Thanks, everyone.

Is it safe to assume that if additional pre- or post-upgrade
requirments (e.g.: if you *did* have to add the sshd user) will be
included in the announcement or errata?  Or should I read individual
patches applied to -stable for installation instructions, or is
there another place I should be looking when tracking -stable for
such information?  I suspect that doesn't happen often (perhaps
never), but I would like to be thorough.

Regardless of all that, my comment about the find statement
in sec. 3.1.5 is still correct--unless it's really trying to affect
/var/spool/output/output and /var/spool/lpd/lpd.
--
Ron Oliver <roliver@openesque.com>