List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Another ELF question
From:       Marc Espie <espie () schutzenberger ! liafa ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2002-01-03 22:18:25

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 07:08:35AM -0700, PC Drew wrote:
> So my question is...what do I need to do to be able to link 8 ELF
> relocatable object files with an OpenBSD position independent object file?

This is currently completely impossible. binutils does not support i386
a.out pic code (due to some major fuck-up a few years back). So you
can't convert from ELF to a.out or a.out to pic using objcopy.

There might be a small little chance you might be able to do it using the last
branch of netbsd where i386 a.out was alive...