List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Help with updating to BIND 9.1.1
From:       "f.johan.beisser" <jan () caustic ! org>
Date:       2001-12-30 8:25:54

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Christian J Hedemark wrote:

> > Is it recommended that i update to bind 9, or is there a reason I would
> > want to stay at bind 4?
>
> Darren I would ask you a question in return... is BIND 4 enough for you or
> is there some feature in BIND 9 that you have to have and can't live
> without?

well, i wouldn't say i couldn't live without it (i am, right now), but i
wouldn't mind having bind 9 style views and acls. this is just about the
only reason i could see for running the bind 9 series.

-- jan

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
    "John Ashcroft is really just the reanimated corpse
         of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Tim Triche