List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Ports behaviour?
From:       Marc Espie <espie () schutzenberger ! liafa ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2001-11-28 19:22:45

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 06:43:56AM -0800, Greg Thomas wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Rémi Guyomarch wrote:
>

> > Instead of
> > > # env FLAVOR="gettext imap mhash mcrypt curl postgresql" make
> > > # make install
> > do
> > # env FLAVOR="gettext imap mhash mcrypt curl postgresql" make
> > # env FLAVOR="gettext imap mhash mcrypt curl postgresql" make install
>
> Ah, cool.  I didn't know that it created a raw port along with the
> flavored one.

It does not.

But guess what, the ports system uses `make' because it uses makefiles.
Hence, it does handle dependency. So, if you say `make install', it will
infer everywthing it needs. So, what you did with `make install', was
build the raw port, and install it.

BTW, don't run ports build as root. configure sudo, set SUDO=sudo in
/etc/mk.conf, and run things as joe-normal-user.