List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Raidframe problems
From:       Tertou <TDeval () PrimeOBJ ! COM>
Date:       2001-09-30 21:06:48

On Saturday, September 29, 2001, at 08:37 , Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Dixitur de Tertou respondebo ad:
>>   - unclean raid parity on reboot (if swap on raid)
> What about swapoff or the corresponding swapctl command?
> I heard rumours about it being implemented Very Soon(tm)
> and it really sometimes helps.

Though it's referenced in swapctl(8), swapoff doesn't exist on my system.
Moreover, the synopsis of the command (swapoff path) implies a relation
with a swap file and not with a swap partition :-(

Boot swap partitions are also taken as dump area for panics... and this
doesn't work either:
   dumping to dev 1301, offset 4095
   dump device bad

T.