List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Changing w2k partition to A6
From:       Michael Shalayeff <mickey () lucifier ! net>
Date:       2001-09-29 19:26:56

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Thorsten Glaser:
> Dixitur de Hugo Villeneuve respondebo ad:
> >You can only have one A6 partition per disk.
>
> Not really, except if the loader depends on this.
> This limit is _not_ imposed by OpenBSD, you even can
> have them separated by a different partition.

no you are wrong.
only the first 0xa6 partition will get used
making it totally useless to have more than one of 'em.
and yes, it's imposed by openbsd, go read the source.

if you want to have multiple disk chunks spread
and hashed w/ different OSes on some of 'em and
some used by openbsd you do that in your disklabel.

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)