List:       openbsd-mirrors
Subject:    Re: mfs to speed up anoncvs?
From:       naddy () mips ! inka ! de (Christian Weisgerber)
Date:       2001-11-04 15:16:58

Todd C. Miller <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com> wrote:

> Hmm, that seems like an awful lot of inodes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the cvs server creates mostly
(only?) directory hierarchies that don't contain any files.  That's
just inodes plus a bit of data for the directories themselves.
Looks plausible to me.

grappa.unix-ag.uni-kl.de is now running with such an mfs.  Not much
going on, though, so I can't report any results yet.