List:       openbsd-mac68k
Subject:    Re: DHCP/route issues
From:       Nick Holland <nick () holland-consulting ! net>
Date:       2003-05-28 13:04:30

Matt R wrote:

> First off, thanks nic, shrinking the parition size got
> my Q800 to take 3.3 beautifully.
>
> Now, I am having issues getting my machine to accept a
> default gateway from my dhcp server.  It does accept
> the addr, mask, and dns server, but no gateway.  Any
> ideas on what could be missing?
>
> Matt

Do you have a /etc/mygate file?  It doesn't need to be there for dhcp
configurations, and if it IS there with invalid info, it *might* mess
things up (not sure).  Also check your dhclient.conf file -- I leave
it all commented out except for the "send host-name" line.

Also...what is the source of your DHCP?  I've had no problem with dhcp
on my mac68k's using an OpenBSD dhcp server, but some ISP DHCP servers
can be ..different.. apparently.

Nick.
--
http://www.holland-consulting.net