List:       openbsd-mac68k
Subject:    Re: Quadra 800 acting strange
From:       Mathias Bolt Lesniak <mabolek () email ! com>
Date:       2003-02-18 0:27:24

On tirsdag, feb 18, 2003, at 01:09 Europe/Oslo, Nick Holland wrote:

>> Then I'm asked to enter the shell type I've tested
>> a few; some work and some don't.
>
> You mean, terminal type, right?

Yup.

> vt100 is the right answer for mac68k...

Thanx!

> Here is what I think is going on:
> (...)

Cool! I'll try that at once!

> So, either boot the thing, look closely at the last messages on the
> screen, and walk away for at least an hour, or bring it up in single
> user mode, and do the following:
>
>    # fsck /dev/sd0a
>        (that will clean the root partition)
>    # mount /
>        (that will mount the root volume RW)

I'll do it that way. Kinda gives me more feel of control! ;-)

> And when you get the thing working, drill a hole in your case or
> otherwise modify it so that you have a disk activity light (I drilled
> a hole in my Q650, reworked the power light to be a drive light on my
> Q610).

Taking the case off works for testing purposes aswell.

> I'll be curious to see how well this works...lots of problems with
> multiple drives for OpenBSD/mac68k...  Typically involving system
> panics. 8(

I'm crossing fingers...

Thanks for the help! I'll see what happens!

Mathias
<mabolek@email.com>

--
"Computers should be so simple to use that you don't notice them when
you work, but so beautiful to look at that you have something good to