List:       openbsd-ipv6
Subject:    Re: Tunnelling problem with V6
From:       Thierry Deval <TDeval () PrimeOBJ ! COM>
Date:       2000-01-20 22:36:21

Hi,

This is what itojun told me one day...

>It works with kame build :-)
>I can ping6 www.6bone.net (at least, for a first try :-)
>I didn't check if it is the same patch you did submit to openbsd-current on
>12/28, but this doesn't work much more than before :-(

        kame/openbsd and openbsd-current are a bit different.

        If you use openbsd-current, you need to perform
        # sysctl -w net.inet.ip4.allow=1
        to allow incoming tunnelled packet to use gif interface.

itojun

But as you are using KAME's kernel, this is probably not the point, unless they
have now merged that far ... (but, as you said, you don't see
net.inet.ip4.allow with sysctl)

Thierry

E-Mail: Thierry Deval <TDeval@PrimeOBJ.COM>
Date: 20-Jan-00