List:       openbsd-arm
Subject:    Re: bpI-m5
From:       Bernhard Ernst <bernhard.ernst () bullet500 ! de>
Date:       2022-12-28 10:26:09

Am Wed, 28 Dec 2022 09:42:49 +0100
schrieb Bernhard Ernst <bernhard.ernst@bullet500.de>:

> Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:
>
> Datum: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 22:50:18 +0100
> Von: Bernhard Ernst <bernhard.ernst@bullet500.de>
> An: Mark Kettenis <mark.kettenis@xs4all.nl>
> Betreff: Re: bpI-m5
>

> Am Tue, 27 Dec 2022 15:04:42 +0100
> schrieb Mark Kettenis <mark.kettenis@xs4all.nl>:
>
> > > Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 23:02:38 +0100
> > > From: Bernhard Ernst <bernhard.ernst@bullet500.de>

> > > Thanks a lot, Mark, will try tomorrow morning. Will I (hopefully)
> > > end up into HDMI or a serial?
> >
> > Serial should definitely work.  And HDMI works on my odroid-c4 so
> > there is a good chance that it will work on the bananabi-m5 as well.
> >
> > If you choose to use HDMI, make sure you type "set tty fb0" at the
> > OpenBSD boot> prompt, otherwise kernel output will go to the serial
> > port and you won't see it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Mark
> >

> IT WORKS !!! Thank you so much, Mark. The u-boot boot into the serial,
> but when I type "set tty fb0" it goes to HDMI.
> I was able to install from install72.img to the build-in emmc as well
> as to an external usd ssd.
> However ther is a little mismatch concerning the drive names. When I
> installed the system to the emmc, it was sd0. But at the OpenBSD boot
> prompt I must enter "sd1a:/bsd to get the system starting. Later,
> after the boot process its again sd0.
> So I cannot do an automatic boot. Any chance to solve this?
>
> Regards
> Berni

Correction: automatic boot is possible with entries in /etc/boot.con:
set tty fb0
boot sd1a:/bsd # in this case the systems boots from the usb ssd.

In this stage the BananaPi's do everything I need. Audio, wlan, are not
yet tested, because I don't need it.

Thanks again for the wonderfull u-boot.bin.

Regards
Berni