List:       openbsd-advocacy
Subject:    Re: Workstations and Servers
From:       David Terrell <dbt () meat ! net>
Date:       2001-01-31 22:51:03

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 05:41:18PM -0500, SoupIsGood Food wrote:
>     Ah, well. The stale stench of a lost cause. I'll no longer trouble you
> with the concerns of we who work in the the real world. OBSD, by popular
> acclaim, will remain a hacker's toy rather than evolve into a more broadly
> usefull tool. Pleased?

Not at all.

If you could pay people and give them hardware, and ask them to support it,
they'd be more than happy to.  Asking us to change our focus (whatever
that means) on our own time, buying our own hardware is silly.

You think this is an important priority?  Put up the hardware and
fund the time.  Trust me, I can think of people who would jump at
the chance to do this development.  Telling them they should do it
for reasons that would make the project more useful to you, without
explaining why they should do it for them just pisses everybody
off.

--
David Terrell           | "Anyone want to start a fund for students
Nebcorp Prime Minister  | that vow not to work at MS?"