List:       openbsd-advocacy
Subject:    Re: Wallpaper artwork created for OpenBSD
From:       Austin Hook <austin () computershop ! ca>
Date:       2018-11-11 4:52:18

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018, justina colmena wrote:

> On November 10, 2018 4:30:04 AM UTC, Austin Hook ...
>
> >> "benzedrine.ch" "undeadly.org" and other sites.
>
> >Quite funny, but recommend that non-serious stuff be confined to
> >advocacy@, and as is the general feeling in the community, cross
> >posting between the the two lists is highly discouraged.
>
> I didn't mean to cross-post to the wrong list, but street drugs and
> federal indictments are definitely not funny. These are grave charges of
> serious crimes.
>
> The drug dealing is an act of war when it crosses international borders.
> Get rid of that stuff from the OpenBSD community. It's a death penalty
> for any aid or comfort to that from my country.

Well, Benzedrine in the form of the brand name has been replaced by a
slightly different kind of amphetamine, but the effect is similar.
However, Benzedrine is just thought of something to keep one awake when
cramming for a college exam, or when running our of steam coding around a
hard problem, I guess.  It's a joke.  And "undeadly.org" is just the new
version of "deadly.org", a blog with OpenBSD news.  What has deadly.org
got to do with any drug dealing anyway?  It's got to be someone's over
active imagination to believe that it represents some threat to anyone.

I am sure most developers or users have no sympathy for criminal
enterprises, any more than you do.  Why bother making a stir about it?
Don't be ridiculous.  Me thinks you have some other objective in mind.

Wanna play mind games?  Let me recommend trying to keep up with Alex
Jones....

A.