List:       openbsd-advocacy
Subject:    Concerns
From:       Dave Wilson <wilson.dave010 () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-10-25 16:05:43

I am contacting you concerning a deceased customer, and an investment he placed under \
our banks management about 14 years ago, He signed up for a 10 years investment \
package.

The client, now deceased made a deposit of 16 million British pounds. I was assigned \
to manage this account and turn over same over various investments. I followed his \
instructions and invested his funds in high yield areas and have been monitoring the \
investment. At Maturity of the investment, I made attempts to reach him and get his \
go ahead to turn over the investments but got no response.

I made intense but futile efforts to locate him. I consequently passed the task of \
locating him to the internal investigations department which soon confirmed that my \
client had passed on. The bank immediately launched an investigation into possible \
surviving next of kin to come forward to claim his estate. If you are familiar with \
private banking affairs, those who patronize our services usually prefer anonymity, \
but also some levels of detachment from conventional processes. In his bio-data form, \
he listed no next of kin.

In the field of private banking, opening an account with us means no one will know of \
its existence, accounts are rarely held under a name; depositors use numbers and \
codes to make the accounts anonymous. This bank even gives the choice to depositors \
of having their mail sent to them or held at the bank itself, ensuring that there are \
no traces of the account and as I said, rarely do they nominate next of kin. Private \
banking clients apart from not nominating next of kin also usually in most cases \
leave wills in our care, in this case; our now deceased client died without leaving a \
will.

We immediately instituted our own investigations in good faith to determine who \
should have right to claim the estate. This investigation has for the past months \
been unfruitful.

We have scanned every continent and used our private investigation affiliate \
companies to get to the root of the problem. It is this investigation that resulted \
in my being furnished with your details as a possible relative of the deceased. My \
official capacity dictates that I am the only party to supervise the investigation \
and the only party to receive the results of the investigation. It is quite clear now \
that our client died with no known or identifiable family members. This leaves me as \
the only person with the full picture of what the prevailing situation is in relation \
to the deposit of the deceased client.

According to normal practice, by bank will by the end of this year broadcast a \
request for statements of claim. Failing to receive viable claims they will most \
probably revert the deposit to the Government.

I am prepared to put you forward as next of kin and approve same with a view to \
release the deposit to you as the closest surviving relation. Upon receipt of the \
deposit, I am prepared to share the money with you in the ratio of 70/30 in my favor.

This will not be too difficult, counting on the fact that I will be on hand to \
guarantee the funds are released to you, using my official position. This can be done \
with your cooperation in a few working days.

At your request, I will provide further information. It is of paramount importance \
that you do not contact me via the bank mailing system or switchboard telephones \
about this project as all official lines are periodically monitored to assess our \
level of customer care in line with our total Quality Management Policy. I will \
therefore be inclined to feign ignorance if this happens.

Sincerely,
David Wilson