List:       openbsd-advocacy
Subject:    Good Words in the Python Cookbook
From:       Jim Michael <jim.michael () toadmail ! com>
Date:       2003-07-10 2:38:58

I recently found a note of thanks to Theo de Raadt for OpenBSD in the
Python Cookbook from one of one of the editors Alex Martelli.  In the
Preface xxix, he expresses thanks to several people and also for technology
that has no short list of people to thank such as the Internet, ADSL,
Google, the Opera browsers, etc.  He also states.

"But, I do know I couldn't have made it without Theo de Raadt's OpenBSD
operating system, Bram Moolenar's VIM editor, and, of course, Guido van
Rossum's Python language ... so, I'll single out Theo, Bram, and Guido for
special thanks."

The Python Cookbook appears to be well received in the Python community and
hopefully this note will serve as a promotion of OpenBSD to all readers.