List:       openbox
Subject:    [openbox] Focus follows mouse...
From:       btj () havleik ! no (=?UTF-8?B?QmrDuHJu?= T Johansen)
Date:       2013-10-18 18:15:35

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:13:01 +0200
Bj?rn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:

> On 16.10.2013 22:04, Dana Jansens wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Bj?rn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi...
> > >
> > > Just reinstalled my computer this weekend and opted for Openbox and after some \
> > > configurations, I am starting to feel very satisfied... :) But I have a small \
> > > problem. I like the feature where focus follow mouse and it is working as it \
> > > should, for the most part. But when using IntelliJ IDEA (a Java IDE), I have a \
> > > problem with popup windows/dialogs. I can click on a button to open a dialog \
> > > and the dialog opens. But when I try to click anything inside the dialog, it is \
> > > the mainwindow below that responds (and has focus) and I am not able to gain \
> > > focus inside the open dialog... If I disable the focus follow mouse feature \
> > > then everything works as expected...
> > > Is this a known problem or? Know problem with Java? Any \
> > > workarounds/configuration to make it work?
> >
> > I don't know about this, can you file a bug please with the reproducible steps in \
> > it?
> > Thanks,
> > Dana
>
> I'll see what I can do...
>
> BTJ

Hmmm... I have tried to find a certain way to reproduce this bug but I am not able to \
find a way... It's strange because after I boot everything works ok... And then after \
some unknown events happens (not sure which events) the mouse focus problem appear. \
What's more strange is that when this happens, the mouse works on the windows below \
but I can make the keyboard work on the front dialog/window....

BTJ