List:       openbox
Subject:    [openbox] Desktop change + active window change does not always work
From:       andreas.fink85 () googlemail ! com (Andreas Fink)
Date:       2010-12-18 9:32:21

Hello,

I'm a developer of tint2 and have a question to desktop change with active window \
change. I have task1 and task2 on desktop1. task3 is on desktop2. task1 is the active \
window. Changing to desktop2 will set task3 as active window. So far so good. Now I \
click in tint2 on task2, which sends first _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP to change the desktop \
followed by _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW to set task2 as active window. However there seems to \
be a race condition, since sometimes I have task2 as window on top, but task1 is the \
active window.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What's wrong here? Does tint2 need to send \
more than these two messages? Does tint2 need to set some time, when the message was \
sent (it currently sends the messages with CurrentTime)?

Best to reproduce is with a huge application, which needs some time to map (I can \
                reproduce it best with wine applications as task1)
Version: Openbox 3.4.11.2

Regards
Andreas