List:       openbox
Subject:    [openbox] Dock Application
From:       Erich.Koerner () gmx ! net (=?UTF-8?B?RXJpY2ggS8O2cm5lcg==?=)
Date:       2010-07-26 23:30:12

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:09:23 +0200
Erich K?rner <Erich.Koerner at gmx.net> wrote:

> > You can try wmswallow (http://www.dockapps.org/file.php/id/102) - works
> > ok depending on the application.
> >
> > dave
> >
> > Thanks for your answer; but that's not the problem I try to solve. I
> > wrote an own app (with qt4-designer) and try to get it into the dock.
> > Iknow how to do that with X11 lib, a few lines of code.  But how can I
> > achieve that with qt4?
> >
> > Sternauge

With Qt you do it the same way... Qt offers you everything you need for that by \
giving you a function which returns the opened Display. If you know how to do it with \
Xlib, than do it the same with Qt, i.e. get the Display and do everything with the \
xlib (qt wraps around the xlib, so it shouldn't be a problem). QX11Info::display() \
returns you the display Qt has opened, and with this display you can set the needed \
wmhints before showing the QWidget.

Regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,