List:       openbox
Subject:    [openbox] Lazarus and Openbox
From:       dana () orodu ! net (Dana Jansens)
Date:       2010-04-01 20:37:29

On 01/04/10 03:10 PM, Mithat Konar wrote:
> I am having a strange issue with the Lazarus IDE in Openbox in both Ubuntu Karmic \
> and Debian Squeeze. Before I go trying to fully characterize when the problem \
> happens, etc. I thought I'd give a shout to see if this was a known problem in \
> Openbox. The reason I think it's an issue with Openbox is that I do not have this \
> problem in Fluxbox, IceWM, or GNOME.
> In brief: Lazarus creates a whole bunch of windows during a session (ala the GIMP). \
> The Menu Editor is a window that gets opened when, surprise!, you want to edit your \
> app's menus. The problem is that under some conditions the Menu Editor window \
> remains at the bottom of the window stack no matter what I do. Clicking on the Menu \
> Editor item in the taskbar (fbpanel) brings some Lazarus windows to the top, but \
> the Menu Editor remains on the bottom. The taskbar shows that the Menu Editor is \
> being iconified and deiconified (with '[' and ']' characters). Even when I move \
> other windows out of the way and click on the Menu Editor's titlebar, it remains on \
> the bottom. Closing the Menu Editor and reopening does not help.
> So, two questions:
>
> 1) Does this behavior seem familiar to anyone?

Sounds like the app is reporting everything else as a child of that
window, but maybe it's a bug and their relationships are being
interpreted wrong.  It is definitely something Openbox-specific though.
> 2) What kind of info would be the most helpful in debugging it?

1. Open a bug report in the bugzilla, and
2. Provide precise steps for me to reproduce the bug.  From there I can
see what the issue is at least.

Thanks,
Dana