List:       openbox
Subject:    [openbox] need help setting font sizes
From:       delcides () gmail ! com (Delcides F !  Sousa Jr)
Date:       2008-09-27 2:56:20

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm experimenting with openbox and am having osme kind of issue with the
> fonts.  in gnome, and also in the openbox/gnome session, fonts look just
> like i want them to.  but in the plain openbox session, fonts in most
> applications -- including evolution, gnome-terminal, and i think firefox
> as well -- are HUGE by comparison to the way they're displayed in gnome.
> the only thing i can think is that the dpi setting is different in
> openbox -- but that's a wild guess.  I'm just wondering if anyone can
> help me out with this?  this is on a ubuntu hardy box, running openbox
> 3.4.6.1-0ubuntu2.  i also use the nvidia driver in Xorg -- 169.12 right now.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> matt
>

> --
> Matt Price
> matt.price at utoronto.ca
>
> ---

Hi,

   Check your DPI by typing into a terminal

            xrdb -query | grep dpi

   To set it permanently for your session, type the following at the terminal:
              echo "Xft.dpi:96" >> ~/.Xdefaults
              xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

    Then put the last line at the beginning of your autostart.sh, to
make the adjustment
permanent.

    That should do the trick.

Regards,