List:       openbox
Subject:    [openbox] =?iso-8859-1?Q?expos=E9?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?=2C?= compositing
From:       dub () lazy ! shacknet ! nu (hungerburg)
Date:       2007-06-23 7:58:51

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 11:33:52PM +0100, David Barr wrote:
> You ought to try the version in GIT, it is still developed, but not much
>
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/app/xcompmgr.git;a=summary

hello David,

I did as advised and cloned the git tree to run the most up to
date version of xcompmgr. still it happens, that after a day
or so all of a sudden X slows to a crawl and starts hogging
the cpu - moving an xterm I can see the cursor change to a
cross, then some time later the window actually starts moving
slowly. killing the xcompmgr fixes that immediately.

absent of similar experiences of users on the list, I must
guess its a problem with the x-server in current debian sid or
the nvidia driver.

peter