List:       openbox
Subject:    menu colors.
From:       orekhov-av () mail ! ru (Orekhov-AV)
Date:       2005-11-16 15:53:42

Hello

In openbox people can write programms to generate pipe-menus.

I think, that colorizing text in menu like this example:

<item label="Some text (#ffffff some description#off)">
	- #ffffff - color for text below
	- #off - switch text color to current theme

is the good idea for this menus (for example, for directory listings (directories - \
one color, regular files - another color)).

Well, directories have submenus, but color difference between directories and \
regullar files, IMHO, more simple for human :) (like in audio jacks - green for audio \
output, ...)

Another motivation for this feature can be highlighting some special items in menu \
(like item "Another 20 items" in large menus)

Well, for implementing colorized pipe-menus, developers must have some functions in \
                openbox API:
	- for determining background/text color of menu item in current theme (for produce \
correct colorization - not black  text on black background)
	- for determining menu item height (for calculate number of items in menu, and \
produce correct partition of large  menus)

Well, sorry for my english, but for all that, i hope that my ideas was understandable \
and interesting.

	with many thanks for your attention.

P.S. Very sorry for my english. :(