List:       openbox
Subject:    Problems with certain function keys
From:       osk () osk ! ch (Chris Osicki)
Date:       2003-12-27 22:37:23

Hi,

Could anybody help me please to understand why I cannot use certain
function-keys with openbox depending on their keycodes?

I take one key as an example. The key as seen by xev program:

... keycode 219 (keysym 0x1005ff71, SunFront) ...

doesn't work. That means, openbox "ignores" it, it gets through to the
x-client. (Not only xev can see it, Emacs too.)

Using another X-server which generates the following, again as seen by
xev, makes openbox works as expected:

... keycode 124 (keysym 0x1005ff71, SunFront) ...

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Chris