List:       openbox
Subject:    [openbox] The style file
From:       theatre_and () graffiti ! net (Norbert W)
Date:       2003-01-04 3:05:16

> On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 08:41:43AM +0800, Norbert W wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am new to this list, and new to openbox. I have used Blackbox for some time, \
> > and am planning on trying out some of the *boxes (openbox, fluxbox, etc.).  I \
> > just have one question: I was not able to find a resource online that points out \
> > any special additions that openbox made to the styles format. I have been able to \
> > run blackbox styles without a single problem with openbox, so I'm assuming the \
> > basic configuration is the same. I was just wondering if there are any additions, \
> > tricks, etc. that openbox made to the style format. If so, could someone point me \
> > to some documentation on this, or possibly just list the additions?
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> Sorry, I have been meaning to write that for so long. Take a look at
> the styles whipped with openbox. The additions are the 'xft'
> directives, and the 'mask' directives.
>
> The mask's are for bitmap button masks, and are described in the man
> page.
> The xft's are for nicer font drawing/shadows/aa/etc.

Ok, thanks a lot! Originally, I looked through the manpage to setup my rc, only to \
find a nice help page on the Openbox, so I guess for some reason I assumed the \
manpage would not help me much with the styles. Shows how wrong I was...I'm just \
surprised I didn't get a "RTFM" for what now appears to be a very simple/ignorant \
                question.  ; )