List:       openbeos
Subject:    [haiku] Re: V\OS Project Announcement (Haiku on linux)
From:       Axel_Dörfler <axeld () pinc-software ! de>
Date:       2018-07-27 18:57:31

Hi Dario,

Am 25/07/2018 um 20:20 schrieb Dario Casalinuovo:
> The main difference however compared to past attempts, is that my
> project try to reuse as much code as possible and so maintain as much
> possible compatibility with Haiku. This is done by reimplementing
> libroot on top of linux. This allowed me, to port some parts of Haiku in
> a nice way, without changing any code.

It's not the first time Cosmoe is reactivated, but I hope it'll get
useful some day. Have fun working on it!

> * _basic_ fs functionalities work (we need to build an userland server
> to support queries on top of extattr and solve the remaining
> open-by-inode issues)

Queries on BFS need FS support; a better and more flexible mechanism
would probably an FS independent solution.

Also, I would argue that open-by-inode should be phased out in Haiku as
well, if possible, in the future.

Bye,
    Axel.