List:       openbeos
Subject:    [haiku] Re: Reset Haiku settings
From:       David Couzelis <drcouzelis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-27 3:31:17

Jonas, thank you for all of the advice. I followed it and learned a
little more about my situation. After trying many things, I'm now
running Haiku again. Here's what I learned:

I think you're right, nothing changed in /boot/system and I didn't
make any changes in /boot/home/config, so I don't think it was a
software problem. And I didn't change any hardware, so I don't think
it was a hardware problem.

The only way I can get my computer to boot Haiku consistantly is:
shutdown, power off everything (PSU) and wait about 15 seconds, and
then start Haiku.

I think the problem is my video card, a Radeon X850 XT PE. It's
supported very well by Haiku, but it always seems to give me little
bits of trouble, especially in Haiku.

Anyway, it works, and I plan on upgrading to a newer Radeon card soon. :)

Thank you.