List:       openbeos
Subject:    [haiku] Re: haiku Digest V8 #224
From:       Nicholas Blachford <nicholas () blachford ! info>
Date:       2008-11-30 1:44:57

Samir Gartnerr wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, that's a start. Now I gotta find a better
> machine to
> run haiku more intensively since right now is running on Kju (QMEU)
> in a
> PowerPC Imac G4. I will try to get a new laptop this Christmas. And
> set a
> Development environment for Haiku.

You actually have a very interesting environment there, if anything is
slow in Haiku it's going to be *very* slow on a emulated system.  I've
always thought using a high end machine for development is a bad idea
as the processor hides any inefficiencies.  Might be worth looking at
some form of profiling.

Anyway, just a thought.

--

PS to anyone interested, my BeGeistert report will appear, I got
sidetracked...

--

Nicholas Blachford
nicholas@blachford.info