List:       openantivirus-developer
Subject:    [Openantivirus-developer] Auditing network storage with OpenAntiVirus
From:       "The Guru" <swampy747 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-03 14:47:34

Hello, I would like some advice on an idea I have.  I want to create an
application that will help my company audit our network storage to ensure
that we are not storing private customer data in any accessable files.

For example, my idea is to search files for signatures of credit card
numbers (maybe addresses etc).  Since I am basically looking for patterns
that might be a credit card number, I thought that this would essentially be
a virus scanner that isn't looking for viruses.

I found OpenAntiVirus (open source virus scanner) and I am wondering if it
seems that using OpenAntiVirus would be suited to this type of application,
or am I choosing the wrong kind of solution.