List:       openantivirus-developer
Subject:    [Openantivirus-developer] Redesign of SAMBA-VSCAN in HEAD branch started
From:       "Stefan (metze) Metzmacher" <metze () metzemix ! de>
Date:       2003-07-15 11:47:25

Hi *,

I have just started with the redisign of SAMBA-VSCAN in the HEAD branch.
(This will endup in version 0.4.0)

BUT PLEASE USE THIS ONLY FOR TESTING untill the official 0.4.0alpha1
release is out!!!
( The new code does NOT scan any files for viruses yet!!!)

So what I have done now:

- the definition of the VSCAN_CONTEXT struct which is passed to each function
   in include/vscan-context.h

- the core SAMBA VFS module in global/vscan-vfs.c

- the core SAMBA VSCAN stuff which select/call the backend functions
   in global/vscan-backends.c

- dummy functions which handle the configuration in global/vscan-conf.c

- a sample SAMBA VSCAN backend with dummy functions which does nothing
usefull y
   in openantivirus/vscan-oav.c

What is planed:'

- This version of SAMBA-VSCAN is designed for SAMBA 3.0.*
   (If possible I'll make it work with a bit limited functionality for 2.2.*,
   but I can't promise that!)

- readd the lru cache this should be called in vscan_do_scan()

- port all backend to the new system...

- and some other stuff...

Comments are welcome :-)

metze