List:       openais
Subject:    Re: [Openais] ckpt sections
From:       "Bjorn Andersson" <bjorn () iki ! fi>
Date:       2006-10-25 6:36:08

On 10/25/06, Shaw, Tim <Tim.Shaw@dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:
> This probably sounds like a really dumb question, but what is the reason
> behind having 'sections' in the ckpt service?

For example, in a server application where I have used the checkpoint
services I keep the state of each client connected to the server in
sections. When the state of a single client changes I just need to
update the section not the complete checkpoint (which may contain the
state information of thousands of clients).

  Bjorn